Friday, January 24, 2020

Week 2 Day 1 Activity 2 - School Strike For Climate

For this activity, we would like you to explore the School Strike for Climate Australia website.
On your blog, list three facts (things) that you learned, and include a photograph of something that you are doing around home to help the environment.

The Things I Learned:
1 - Changes in the climate can be measured in ice cores which provide records stretching back 800,000 years!
Image result for australia bushfires2 - Australia is one of the most vulnerable countries to the impacts of climate change experiencing forms of dangerous floods, drought, fires and heatwaves ( poor Aussie :'( )
3 - The primary source of these gases are fossil foil. 
Things I do around my area to help the environment:
Something that I do is pick up rubbish that's on the side of the road.  Whenever I go on the farm with my dad and I have to walk behind sheep or cattle I pick up any rubbish I see.  Once I filled up a plastic bag with rubbish I saw.  There's usually beer bottles, plastic wrapper, I even picked up a nappy once!  I don't have a picture of me doing it since I don't bring my phone on the farm.  
Image Attribution Link

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary

    It is great to see that you are doing your part for climate change. and picking up rubbish on the side of the road is a great thing to do.
    Hard to believe that someone would just throw a nappy out the window of a car or just dump it there. That is such a shame that people still actually do things like this.

    It is really sad that Aussie is in the midst of some really extreme such fires that in some way must come from the land being so dry due to the climate.
    Their weather is getting so much more extreme that the fires are happening so much earlier each year. It is a really sad time for all of the people and the animals that have lost their lives and homes.

    Great work and thanks for sharing this with us all. I hope lots of people read your work!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allie,

      I agree it is a shame that people still do things like that. Most of them are adults and they should know better.

      It's really devastating for Australia to be having to go through rough times like these. The poor animals and people that have lost their lives and homes due to fire is heartbreaking.

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.