Thursday, December 20, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity #19: Picture Perfect

My task: On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.

I chose picture #3 
This woman is travelling around this country and visited this place in particular. She has taken several different pictures and selfies because she wants to show the world how beautiful this place is. Out of all of her pictures she has taken there is only one daring selfie that makes you hold your breath. She sees a tall building and she thinks to herself " What a beautiful view I would get up there". She was doubting her thoughts for a minute, then she realises that life is too short and you have to take enormous risks sometimes. Her final decision was that she would do it. She took a short ride in a cab, as soon as she reached her destination she bolted up the stairs. It took her approximately three minutes, she eventually reached the roof. She didn't want to just take a photo she wanted to take a selfie, but not an ordinary selfie, but in fact and extraordinary selfie. She toppled on the edge of the roof, facing her phone with a big smile and clicked the button. Her heels touching the edge, it was a long way down but she managed not to fall off. That's how April took her daring selfie.

8 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Awesome work!
    There is lots of work and I see you have put some effort into it as well!
    Please comment on my blog at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Allie and the team out in Toki Pounamu over the Christmas holidays. It's great to see you making such an awesome start to the programme.

    I really enjoyed reading your story about April's daring selfie. My favourite line was "but not an ordinary selfie, but in fact and extraordinary selfie." You really painted a picture with your words - ka pai. What would you have done if you were in April's position? Do you think it would be a good idea to climb up there to take a selfie?

    We have made a slideshow on our website to showcase some of the great posts that have already come through from our SLJ participants, and if you check out the Toki Pounamu examples, you might see some familiar work!
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/participation-and-prizes

    Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel
      Thank you for commenting on my blog, if I was April I would love to do what she did because I have never done anything like it before and it would have a spectacular view.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mary,

    I think you're right; the view from up that high would be spectacular! Where is somewhere that you would like to travel to?

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel,

    I would either travel to The Bahamas or Hawaii because they're both really tropical places and they are both really beautiful.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,

      I agree; the Bahamas and Hawaii are two places I would also love to visit. I'd be especially interested in visiting Hawaii because of all the history and volcanoes.

      I hope that you are enjoying your summer holidays so far.

      Hazel :)

      Delete
  5. Kia-ora,
    my name is Zephaniah and I am a part of doing the SLJ aswell as you are. I see that you have completed much of the activities. Tino pai! I really liked reading your discription about this lady doing in this photo. Ka pai! It is great to see someone who writes a long story about this women and what she is doing in the photograpgh!

    Nga mihi,
    -Zephaniah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Mary!

    My name is Katelynn and I am from Grey Main School, I am also doing the summer learning journey.

    I like the way you have presented this activity and added the image you chose. Why did you choose this picture to write about? You have written a lot about where and what you think this lady is doing. I like how you have written a very descriptive story and told us everything you know.

    Maybe next time you could you could change the colour because it is a little hard to read but other than that your blog post for the summer learning journey is great! This reminded me of when I completed this activity I also chose this image it looked really cool, so did the other photos but I chose this image instead.

    Did you enjoy completing this activity?
    What has been your favourite activity so far?

    Keep up the great work Mary!

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.