Friday, January 24, 2020

Week 1 Day 5 Activity 3 - Own Choice

You have now made it to the end of Week 1 and have the chance to choose your very own sportsperson or explorer who you think has changed the world. There are no right or wrong choices for this activity, so find someone who interests you and tell us about them on your blog. It could be someone from your family, church, community or someone famous who you admire.

Usain Bolt:
Image result for usain bolt
I believe Usian changed the world since he's the fastest person in the world. He is considered as the greatest sprinter of all time.  He broke the world record with 9.69 for the 100 m sprint, and he improved with 9.58 in another race.  He has broken the 200 meters world record twice! With 19.30 in 2008 and 19.19 in 2009.  Many people look up to Usain Bolt, such as myself.  Although I'm not the fastest person I still try my best in races, and Usain is the first person that comes to mind when I'm doing races.  He's a big inspiration for not only me, but also millions of people all around the world.  I believe Usain has changed the world not only for his immensely incredible speed, but also for inspiring people, for being a role model. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary!
    I think Usain Bolt was a great person to choose for this activity, he has changed the world quite a bit. I didn't know he broke the same record twice that's pretty cool. Also Mary you are really fast and you've beaten me in races lots of times. Good Job Mary, if you want to you can comment on my blog at lakebrunnerbridgetr.blogspot.com
    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bridget

      Thank you for commenting on my blog I really appreciate it!
      Usian Bolt is a pretty cool person, if I had his speed that would be beyond amazing! And thank you, but I'm only slightly faster, unlike that one girl in west coast athletics, she was a whole second faster than everyone in our heat, and a second is a lot! Once again thank you for commenting, and I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary

    You have chosen an absolute legend in the world of athletics and sport. Usain Bolt really is a superstar. When he was competing on the world stage there were just not anyone else that could get near him in his races. He really was the fastest man on earth at the time.
    He was and still is an icon for athletes around the world. There wouldn't be many people who wouldn't know his name.

    He is a great role model for so many young sports people from lots of different sports. I hope he continues to do this for many years to come!

    Well done Mary, this is just great!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allie,

      Another legend that I should mention is Kobe Bryant. He was an American Basketball legend. He played his entire 20 year career with the Los Angeles Lakers. Kobe was an 18 time all star, 2 time NBA finals MVP, 2 time Olympic gold medalist and a 5 time NBA champion. He was and will forever be a big inspiration to all basketball players, and to all people. He unfortunately died in a helicopter crash on the 26th of January 2020 at the age of only 41, along with his 13 year old daughter Gianna, who had a massive basketball future ahead of her. She was going to follow her father's footsteps, but her time was cut short, and didn't even get a chance at life to pursue her dream..

      So many legends have been taken away from the world far too soon such as Cameron Boyce, XXXTentaction, Juice Wrld and many others, but everyone dies at some point and we need to accept that.

      Who's a legend you look up to in your life?

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.