Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Autobiography Creation!

 My Autobiography Poem
We made these pieces of art so we get to know each other a bit better.  Although we have a really small  class with only 12 students there were some new people from the other classes. Also it's a new year so it's a new class.  First we traced our own hands onto a blank piece of paper, then after we drew in some straight lines.  We did this because it made interesting shapes, all different sizes . We then traced our hands and lines with a sharpie to make it stand out.  After, we started to paint in the lines.  About halfway we started to create our poem, we then printed and cut them out and kept painting. Since I thought my colours weren't bright enough I went over all of the shapes 3 times and it made nice bold shapes.  I was also falling behind so I decided to leave the hands white because they stood out and looked cool.  I was nearly finished all I needed to do now was glue the poem and my first and last name on.  The 2nd to last step was to take a picture on seesaw and then recorded our voice over it and read our poems.  The very final step is to post it onto our blogs.

I think this was a very fun creation to do, although I took quiet a while.
It's also very effective and stands out, our poems also look really nice on our blank wall.





6 comments:

  1. Nice work Mary,I loved how you listed so many things that you like. Maybe next time you could speak a little louder because it was kind of hard to hear. What kind of photographer would you like to be? I really liked how you didn't colour the hands because it made the words pop out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my blog at http://lakebrunnerjakobw.blogspot.co.nz

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the wonderful comment Jakob.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Mary,

    I loved everything about the poem, how you listed everything, and how your layout is different to everyone in class. What is the thing your most scared of out of those 3? I am scared of clowns, falling, and losing family as well. You can see for yourself if you check out my blog at http://lakebrunneremilyr.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      The one fear I'm scared of most would probably be falling, thank you for commenting and checking out my blog.

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Mary my name is Ebony I am 9 years old and attend Kawakawa primary. The thing I like most about your poem was that you included what you liked and what you don't like. Here is a link to my blog
    https://kpsebonyn.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.