Thursday, January 23, 2020

SLJ Day 5 Activity 1 - Against The Odds

For this activity, we would like to learn more about the things that are important to you.
On your blog, please share three things that you treasure and say why they are treasures to you.

My Family - My family mean the absolute world to me since they are my rock.  I have 3 younger siblings.  Two brothers and a sister, their names are Brianna, Bryce & Bruce.  Although they can be the most annoying beings on earth at times, they are still my siblings and I love them to the moon and back and life without them wouldn't be a life worth living.  My parent's names are Diana & Bruce.  They have supported me in so many ways possible, they've had to put up with all of my bad days and good days, and I appreciate and look up to them so much.  They all bring joy into my life and they are the ones who are closest to my heart and I love all of them so much. 

My Friends - My friends are all so wholesome people and I love every single one of them.  They are all goofy and weird and that's why I became friends with them in the first place.  I love all of their individual personality traits since they are all unique.  Since I'm starting high school this year I'm not going to be able to see nearly all of them, (except for 2) nearly everyday.  Some of my previous friends either moved onto high school or moved away and the distance kicked in and we started losing touch, and now all I've got are old memories that will never be forgotten.  I feel like once you find friends that are truly genuine you should never let them go because it's quite hard finding genuine friends that match up to your own personality.  

New Zealand & The Philippines - Both NZ & The PH are my home countries, and although I've only spent 4 out of 13 years of my life in The Philippines, half of my heart belongs there since that's where I was born and that's where majority of my family are.  NZ is where I currently am, and I think it's where I'm most definitely going to live the rest of my life in.   NZ is where my mum and I started a brand new life.  Although both countries are so very different in many ways they both have one thing in common, which is the kindness that people hold.  
Image Link - Philippines Flag, NZ Flag

2 comments:

  1. Hey again!

    Wow wow wow!! This is incredible! You have completely blown me away! You have written such a thoughtful post! I love how you thought so carefully and deeply about the things you treasure! It is amazing how you are able to appreciate your friends and families so much! It’s really nice to see!

    I love how you wrote about loving your siblings even though they annoy you. Siblings can be annoying sometimes but I agree with you, I’d prefer to have my siblings annoy me then to not have my siblings around at all. I am also the eldest sibling. I only have one sister and one brother though. I always liked being the eldest because I liked being able to help my siblings with things they didn’t know. What are some reasons you like being the eldest?

    You have described your friends in such a lovely way. I really like how you said they are goofy and weird! I think that the best people are unique and goofy! How long have you known all your friends? I’m sure once you start high school you will be able to keep these friendships if you both put in a little effort :)

    I love how you are able to feel a connection to both countries! Culture is brilliant like this. You could identify with one country and its culture and it would be just as special as someone who identifies with hundreds. Have you been back to the Philippines since you were little?

    Thank you for this incredible post! I hope you enjoyed this activity! I really enjoyed reading it! Remember today is the last day of the SLJ so make sure you post any last activities before the end of the day!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Matilda

      Sometimes I wish I had siblings my age because they'd be able to understand me more, but aside from that I really love being the oldest since I love my little monkeys to bits!

      I have a lot of friends, but majority of them have either moved on to high school or moved away. I've known my two friends Bridget and Zak for over 8 years now and I'm so glad neither of them moved. Last year I made friends with all the new kids in the class, but I feel like I'm more closer to Elsie & Kyle than the others since we've just developed a nice friendship.

      I have indeed been back to Philippines, and it was in 2016 when I had to go back with my mum since my Grandma had passed.

      Yesterday I was trying to do as much activities as possible before the end of the day and I was so stressed since one of my friends said that SLJ ends on the 24th, so then I went to look on my blog and I saw your comment on a blog post I had posted on the 23rd. I got all freaked out since I thought you commented on the 23rd, but little did I know you actually commented on the 24th. My friend and I are confused, but that's alright

      I'm still glad I participated in the SLJ :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.