Thursday, January 23, 2020

SLJ Week 4 Day 4 Activity 3 - Top Secret Street Art

For this activity, take a look at the Christchurch street art website and choose two different pieces of artwork. Look carefully at both pieces of art, and identify similarities and differences between the two.
On your blog, post screenshots of the two different pieces of art that you have chosen. Below the pictures tell us about the similarities and differences that you see in the two pieces of street art.

Both artworks are of elephants, but they are both two completely different styles.  The one on the right is a realistic piece, while the other one on the left is more of a zentangle type.   There are many elephants on the left, while on the right there's only a single one.  The elephant on the right has a sunset background, while the elephants on the left has a murky green scenery behind them.  They are both very detailed in different ways.  The Elephants on the left have several bold black lines and curves that stand out, while the elephant on the right is very detailed, but they way the artist has created has made it look so realistic it's insane. 
Image Attributions Links:  Left, Right 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Mary!

    How have you been? Are you ready to go back to school soon?

    Thank you for this incredibly detailed post! I love how you described these pieces of art so beautifully! Do you have a favourite one? They are both so incredible! You have done an amazing job of outlining the similarities and differences between these two! Well done!

    The one on the right looks so real, doesn't it? The artist is so talented to make it look so real! I wonder how long it took to make? I really like the background of this piece. It is so pretty!

    The other one is very cool too! I love the style they are! The detail on this would have taken such a long time too!

    Are you very artistic? What style do you like to paint or draw in?

    Well done on this one Mary! You have done really well!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matilda

      I am not ready to go back to school, I'm just so nervous for high school!!
      I really love the realistic one, the other one is so interesting as well. I am quite artistic, my main style is sketching/drawing since I guess I've been doing that style ever since I was 6 or 7 and I enjoy drawing.

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.