Friday, June 9, 2017

Stephen Michael King Art Response

Stephen Michael King Response

The artwork by Stephen Michael King drawn in 1998 with no name is messy, creative and imaginative. I can clearly see that it’s a child’s treehouse because of the tree and the ladder leading up to the adventurous, playful treehouse. The birds flying and chirping around seems joyful as the children sitting down and enjoying their day.


Although the artwork is busy and imaginative it's also dull and colourless.

I like how it’s different from the rest because it has lots of unique shapes and scribbles, That’s what makes the drawing interesting. I’ve never seen anything like it before because the drawings and paintings I’ve seen are neat but, I think the artist wanted to go with a not so neat drawing that stands out from the rest and makes people thinking why he drew his drawing that way.


I don’t like how it’s only got 2 colours because it doesn’t pop out from a far distance or even up close. I think the drawing’s meant to be happy but I don’t see any colours that represent happiness which is kind of confusing because the children look joyous and gleeful.


I don’t like how it’s dull and seems boring. I think if some people went to an art gallery and the drawing was next to a colourful piece of artwork they’d choose to take a photo and learn more about the colourful artwork because 2 coloured drawings aren’t that interesting, but I can’t blame the artist for not adding bright colours because it’s his artwork.

I definitely recommend you to go check out his books because they have very interesting pieces of art in every entertaining page.  
Click here if you want to check out his website Stephen Michael King    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.