Friday, January 24, 2020

Week 3 Day 3 Activity 2 - The Right To An Education

For this activity, we would like you like you to write a short story. The story can be about anything that you wish but to receive full points it must be at least 10 sentences long!
On your blog, share your short story. We can’t wait to read it!

Tomorrow is my birthday and it's currently 11:55 PM .  Although birthdays are supposed to be exciting, I wouldn't quite depict this one to be exciting.  It's terrifying.  The world is overpopulated and so the government decided to make a system which is to kill off some people once they turn 18.  If you get a green dot you continue to live, but if you get a red dot you die at 12:12.  They made it 12:12 so you get a chance to say your goodbyes before you pass.  They made this system 2 years ago.  My sister got lucky, but my brother on the other hand...  I don't want to leave this earth at this age, I'm far to young to disappear.  I have so many things ahead of me. It's currently 11:59 and I'm counting down my last seconds of being 17, being safe.  3, please let it be green, 2, I don't want to die , 1 * Ding * it struck to midnight. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary

    Wow! This is a great story, it had me sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen.
    You have written this so well and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I just wanted to keep reading.
    What happens?
    If you could carry the story on do you get a red dot or a green dot?

    This reminds me of lots of different stories like the Hunger Games and Gone. I enjoyed reading these too. This is the kind of story I would like to read!

    Well done Mary, you have done a fantastic job with this one!

    Keep up the great work!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.