Saturday, January 11, 2020

SLJ Day 4 Activity 2 - What's In A Name?

For this activity, imagine that you were allowed to change your name to anything that you wanted.
On your blog, tell us what you would change your name to and why you would choose that name.

When I was little I didn't really like my name, but over the years I've gotten used to it and started to like it more.  If I were to change my name to anything I would probably change it to Maggie or Rose since I like both names and they both have a special meaning behind it.  Maggie's the name of our family dog and so is Rosie, but she passed in 2017.  She was very special to us, especially my Dad.  Maggie was given to us back in 2015 or 2016, her owners loved her so much, but they thought that our family would love her so much since her previous owner was very sick. 
 (Maggie Left, Rosie Right )

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Wow Mary this is such a special post. Thank you for sharing this. I’m sorry for your loss. It is always hard when our pets pass. You sound like you have been very brave through this time. It seems like she had a very happy life with your family.

    I think that it is very sweet that you would name yourself after your dogs. I really like the name Maggie. I wanted to name our dog Maggie but we changed it in the end.

    These are such cute photos of your dogs! They both look very cute!

    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matilda

    It's been 2 years and a bit since her passing and life is quite different without the old girl in our household, but she's at peace now. She was a very happy dog and she always loved going out on the farm.

    What breed is your dog? And what's it's name?

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary,

    My dog is called Betsy and she is a Toy Poodle so she is really really small! I don't think my dog would be very good on a farm!

    Matilda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.