Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity #13: Living on the edge



On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.

Dear Bridget, Emily, Tess, Tara & Lucy

As you all know I am on a vacation in The Tundra.  It is freezing over here, there are so many beautiful flora and fauna over here.  Along my walk I discovered some reindeer, the are so fascinating it reminded me of Rudolf the red nose reindeer!.  I also saw an arctic fox chasing an arctic hare, the dramatic chase lasted around 5 minutes.  The hare escaped just in time.  I just can't get over the fact that it's so beautiful and cold, I am a little homesick because I miss you guys so much.  It's so weird not seeing you guys, I will be back in two weeks.

From: Mary


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,

    It's Hazel here again - well done on another great blog post!

    I really enjoyed reading the letter that you wrote to your friends about your time in the tundra. I can tell that you did some research because you mentioned the animals that you saw. Would you like to visit the tundra for real one day do you think? Why/why not?

    It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog post. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/
    In future, you will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.

    Meri Kirihimete,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.