Friday, January 24, 2020

Week 4 Day 3 Activity 1 - Screen Legends

For this activity, we would love to know more about your interests (passions) and your future plans. What do you think that you would like to do when you are older? Do you have a specific job in mind?
On your blog, please tell us about your future plans (i.e. what you plan to do when you finish high school or college). Would you prefer to start working right away or to continue with your studies?

Passions: 
My two main passions would have to be art and cooking/baking.  I love cooking and baking since it's just fun in general, it's a good skill to have and a bonus is you get to eat what you create afterwards.  I love art, my main style is sketching realistically.  I've been drawing since I was 6 or 7 ( I'm currently 13 ) and my art has progressed over the past few years.  I try to make the things I draw look as realistic as possible.  I mainly draw portraits of people.  What I usually do is search up or take a photo of something and try to replicate it as best as I can.  What I really want to do is draw each member of my family and frame it for a Christmas present. I enjoy drawing since I can display my creativity onto paper and make it visualized.

Future Plans:
I'm only 13 so I don't really have any future plans, but one thing I'm definitely going to keep doing is art since I've been doing it for a while and I want to expand my skills.  I would prefer to continue with my studies, and have a part time job, although that might be difficult I think I'd manage.

Here are some drawings, I haven't really drawn lately since I've been busy.
The drawing on the left is of one of my favourite singers, Alessia Cara, and the drawing on the right is of my brother.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary

    These drawings are just fantastic. You are such a great artist. I really like them.
    This is definitely something that you could do in the future. There are so many things that you can do with your art. From picture book illustrator to artist! You could have your own art show in a gallery and sell your work!
    How amazing would this be!!

    I wish you all the best with this, taking art through High School will help you make some decision about it all. And you will learn so much more.

    Well done Mary

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie,

      Thank you for the compliments, it's very sweet of you :). I know that I'm going to love art class in high school since it seems so fun and art is probably what I do best.

      It would be pretty cool to have my own art show in a gallery, in fact I've actually made a little display of student's art from my school. It wasn't big, but it was pretty cool. I basically just stapled the art on the walls of the hallway and grouped them in different art categories such as abstract and photography.

      Once again thank you :)

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.