Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It's cruel to keep animals in zoos, speech

During term three we have been focusing on persuasive writing.  We all had to choose a topic to write on for our upcoming speech.  For my speech I decided to choose a topic on zoos, which was It's cruel to keep animals in zoos.  When I first started to work on my speech I had trouble coming up with some ideas,  but I eventually got some help from the teacher which really helped a lot and I also checked some websites about cruel zoo facts and put it into my own words.  I got a lot of good feedback from my classmates and they said that I used a lot of repetition in my speech which made the message go through to people, well done and I definitely made an impact on the audience, but there's always room for improvement.  Next time I should have a clearer voice so that people can hear me better and use some more complex words to make my speech more interesting.  Overall I'm happy with my results and I hope that I'll do more better speeches in the future.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary. I really liked your speech, it's one that I remembered! I think that you used a good amount of complex words and it was still very interesting. I agree with your topic and it is a good one to debate about as there are a lot of different sides to this topic.
    Ka Pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary my name is Tyissa and I am a year eight student at Kawakawa Primary school I really liked your speech,I think that you used a good amount of high level words and keep up the great work
    From Tyissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tyissa, Thank you for commenting on my blog, I'm glad that you liked my speech. I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.